Tuesday 23 January 2018

My Skincare

Now my skincare routine is pretty chill. I don't do too much to my skin or else I feel I do more harm than good! However, every time I put on makeup I tone and moisturise my skin with my L'Oréal  Fine Flowers Toner and L'Oréal Hydra Genius Aloe Water for normal to dry skin and if you have combination or oily skin there is a Hydra Genius for that skin type as well, don't worry! Both of these are so gentle but keep the skin looking bright, fresh and plump. Now this is going to sound like an ad for L'Oréal but I swear its not! If my skin feels really grotty then I use their charcoal, eucalyptus, yuzu lemon and red algae masks. The charcoal (black) one really helps to draw out impurities without being too harsh on the skin. I use this one more as an all over face mask because it doesn't dry out my skin but still freshens it! If you have quite oily skin then the eucalyptus (green) mask helps to matify the skin. I use it for my t-zone which is a problem area for me more in the summer months and the red algae mask (orange) is an exfoliating mask to help clean out stubborn, clogged pores and gives a much brighter complexion. Last, but certainly not zest...hehe the Yuzu Lemon evens out the skin tone by exfoliating away dead skin. I've been using this one a lot and I
feel my skin looks a lot brighter even without makeup and I feel like this one is really gentle to the skin and doesn't make it feel tight afterwards. It leaves my skin irresistibly soft! I love it for my days off work! Of course I recommend toning and moisturising after using a face mask as the skin might feel a bit tight afterwards but will look so much brighter and feel smoother! You might also notice your makeup will apply more effortlessly the next time too! (Note: I left my 3 face masks at my parents so they're not in the picture but when I get them back I'll update that!)

For body I love a fruity shower gel and right now I just use Superdrug's own Bath and Shower Gel which has a lovely scent of avocado and strawberry. It doesn't irritate my dry eczema prone skin which is always a bit more irritable in the cold winter months, which is fabulous! After a nice hot shower or bath I apply Nivea's Irresistibly Smooth 48H Deep Moisture Serum for dry skin and again it doesn't irritate my skin at all AND it leaves my skin feeling baby smooth and fresh! And for anyone who knows how irritating eczema can be, it can be hard to find something that actually helps sooth the condition rather than dry it out or worse cause an inflammation so you might find I may not switch up my skincare routine too often just to save my skin the trouble!

I also drink A LOT of water and I feel that really, really helps my skin to look fresh and creates a nice balance where my skin is neither dry or oily and I've never really suffered with many spots and to be honest drinking water has always been a holy grail to really help my body as a whole! People always ask how my skin looks so clear with both makeup on and without makeup and I just say I'm a fish that loves water! I probably typically drink about 4-5 litres a day...measuring it out like that seems like a lot but if I don't drink that much in a day then my body really misses it!

Now, I will say as a wee side note, what works for me may not work for you, eczema is different from person to person and those who have oiler skin than I do may not like what I use either, so if you are going to be trying any of these out please check the ingredients and make sure that there isn't something in it that can irritate YOUR skin. I got recommended something before and my skin went up in flames and it took literally YEARS to clear up and then I had to deal with the scars afterwards so please be careful!
SHARE:

2 comments

Unknown said...

Great advice regarding eczema prone skin and drinking plenty of water. Would love to try the masks xxx

Unknown said...

I think they go for £5.99 a mask in Superdrug but you do get a lot and they last a long time but the exfoliating ones are brilliant I couldn't live without them! xxxx

Post a Comment

© Pretty Lil Missy
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig