Wednesday 14 February 2018

Makeup Brushes: Eyes


Creating the perfect eye look means having good brushes. Seems pretty obvious I know but I struggled for years doing my eye makeup and I thought it was all down to me not having the right techniques and maybe it was at the time but as soon as I got some really nice brushes it all became so much easier and the possibilities became endless! So I will breakdown what I use and how I use them! Yes, they are dirty I used them this morning and yes one is broken I...accidentally snapped it...

1. The first one I use is the Deluxe Concealer Brush from Real Techniques and I use it for...you guessed it concealer and foundation and this sets the perfect base for eyeshadows and it's the perfect size to just sweep along the top and bottom lid. After I've done my eye shadows on the top lid I put foundation on the bottom lid and then use the brush to sweep along the outer corner and this gives the eyeshadow a "wing effect" or at least it looks a lot sharper and more precise! It just means you can be as messy as you like because you just clean it up after and it looks SNATCHED! Definitely a hack to keep up your sleeve!
2. The second one actually looks a lot like the concealer brush but it's a different colour and sold as an eyeshadow brush again by Real Techniques and it's called the Deluxe Eyeshadow Brush and I just use it to set my foundation with a peachy eyeshadow on or around my eye to make sure it doesn't crease on me! I personally find this brush too big for any other purpose unfortunately! 
3. My main brush that I couldn't live without is my Base Eyeshadow Brush from Real Techniques and this brush is flat but with a domed shape that fits perfectly into the crease. This brush for me does all the magic and I will use it to define and blow up my crease because I have hooded eyes so I want my eyes to appear bigger so I will blend towards my eyebrows if I need to and then I'll darken the outer corners and create a wing to perfect the illusion of bigger eyes!
4. The brush I use for my under eye is one my mum gave me years ago by Cosmopolitan called the Smokey Eyes Base Brush and I think she got it out of a magazine but the thing is bloody good! It's soft and just a lovely square shaped brush that just fits the under eye perfectly! I've never used anything else! 
5. Last but not least everyone needs a packing brush, one that just piles pure pigment onto the eye! I have one by Eco Tools and it's a very unique shape, like its a dome shape but it comes to a point at the top. Regardless though, it's really good for packing those shimmery eye shadows on the lid.

Of course, like most things, getting that perfect eye look does take practice, a few tutorials and a few "panda eyes" but practice makes perfect after all! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pretty Lil Missy
BLOGGER TEMPLATE HANDMADE BY pipdig